Saturday, November 21, 2009

KNK December Kit Reveal #1

This is without a doubt my favorite kit to date! There's just something about pouring glitter all over everything... maybe it brings out the kid in me, who knows, but it sure is fun!!
This first layout is full of distressing, I can't get enough of Tim Holtz distress Stickles!! I used a couple of BoBunny papers and incorporated a few SEI embellishments along with it. Using only two photos is always a challenge for me, but this layout just fell together. The products in the kit are so complimentary to each other. Next is a little holiday card, don't you love the glittery "snowflakes"! The double-sided sticky stickers (by Harmonie) are really fun to play with (more glitter dumping), and the perfect partner to the wintery woodland die-cuts from SEI.

Finally, a heritage layout..... I try to remember to do one heritage with each kit. I don't always, but I do try! As cute and adorable as my children are, even I can appreciate the fact that a little diversity is always a good thing. The center photo is the actual Christmas card my mother's family sent out that year, signed by my grandmother. I love when I can use the real thing (don't worry I scanned it first!). I had to darken this image a bit because the flash on my camera made the metallic silver cardstock (background piece) really bright. The blues on this are a bit lighter than they appear here.
I have many more plans for this kit, and I'm looking forward to sharing! Scrapping is so easy when I truly love the product I'm working with. Thanks for peeking :)

1 comment: