Tuesday, September 22, 2009

KNK October kit Reveal #1

Here's the first of two reveals I have for KnK's October kit. The first is a layout showcasing my little Gracie girl with Scrap Within Reach papers and chipboard letters, Core'dinations cardstock, and beautiful little Tea-Dyed flowers by Petaloo.

I made the big flower to mimic those on the patterned paper. I tore the petals from the color-core cardstock and instead of inking the edges (as I am usually inclined to do) I used some Doodlebug Sugar coating. I threw in the 7 Gypsies photo turns to help make the flower center a little more interesting, stitched the stem with embroidery floss, and tore the leaves to also mimic those on the paper.
When it came time to put the title on I realized I had totally misjudged just how much room I would need for what I wanted to say. So after I roughed them up and inked the sides I squished all the letters together until they looked right and glued them to a piece of coordinating cardstock. Then all I had to do was trim around the word. I think it turned out way cuter than just sticking the letters down in a straight line!

My next project is a card. I've really been getting bored with the same old folded cards so tried something a little different this month, and I really love how it turned out.

The sentiment itself has been done time and again, I know, but I personally had never used it and it just seemed so fitting for what I wanted to express. I have also found that when I am making a card, if I make it with a specific person in mind I take a lot more care and time with it than if I was making it just to make it, for no particular reason. This one is for my mom. Not sure when I'll see her next, but when I do I'm going to give it to her.
Thanks for looking, I'll have more to share in a week or so. Happy scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment